Waiver and Release.
- I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, the following names persons or entities, herein referred to as releasees: Incite Ecology, Kathy Barylski.
- To release the releases, representatives, agents and volunteers from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims of causes of action that I, my estate, heirs, survivors, executors, or assigns may have for personal injury. Property damage, or wrongful death whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in any tour or program by Incite Ecology.
- Fitness to participate. I declare that I have no physical or mental condition(s) that should preclude me from participating in my chosen activity, that I am not participating against medical advice or treatment. I further declare that in the event that I feel ill or unwell, have any physical complaints whatsoever or if an injury is sustained of any kind during an Incite Ecology program, I will notify the guide or leader immediately .
- Medical Treatment. The releasees are hereby released and forever discharged from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an Incite Ecology program.
- By entering into this agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this document.
- This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP LEGAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE: This is to certify that n I, as Parent, Guardian or Temporary Guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree not only to his/her release of all Releasees, but also to release and indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to his/her involvement in this program for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin.
Please print and sign. Click here to download a .pdf version of the IEWaiver
No, we do not charge any extra fees or fuel surcharges. The listed price is the price you pay.
It is not necessary to have a printed copy of your receipt.
However, we will need to verify your identity matching your reservation and also the Order # that is immediately emailed to you after you make your reservation.
Our fee depends on the location and duration of tour desired.
We are based just west of Frederick Maryland. Tours that require less travel for the tour guide will cost less. Shorter tours with fewer people cost less.
For example, a typical one and one-half hour tour in central Frederick County for a group of ten will cost $119.
For Tours, you need to wear clothing appropriate for the weather BUT also sufficiently protective.
Our summertime tours are usually scheduled in the mid-morning to avoid extreme heat and stormy weather. While we are looking at bugs and butterflies, we don’t want to be stung by the bugs or get sunburned!
Essentials – closed toe shoes for walking and shirt that covers your shoulders. Plus bug spray and sunscreen.
Recommended – long pants that can be tucked into socks, light-weight long-sleeve shirt, and broad-brim hat.
It is preferable to dress in layers and wear clothing that will wick away perspiration and keep you dry and comfortable
Please read the section on appropriate attire.
Please bring your own bug repellent and sunscreen.
You may want to bring a snack or additional beverages. Chilled water will be provided.
Please do not bring any smoking or vaping devices.
Please do not bring pets as they may interfere with wildlife.
You must call 72 hours ahead of your scheduled tour for a full refund. Within 72 hours you will assess a $35 termination fee. There are no refunds for cancellations within 24 hours of your tour, or if you decide not to show up.
However, if a tour is cancelled (due to weather or other conditions), your tour fee will reserved for you to you for rescheduling.
Reservations are required for all tours. Reservations help us ensure that our groups remain manageable and enjoyable, and they allow us to notify you of changes to the tour due to weather or other factors.
Our butterfly tours require weather that butterflies enjoy – not too much wind, not much rain. If there is a high probability of rain or storms when our tour is schedule, the tour will be canceled. Please check your emails! We also expect to post any cancellations on the website.
Nature tours will take place except when storms or particularly bad weather is predicted. Again, please check your emails.